The Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker is a stainless steel appliance that many people rave about. Over 2,350 user reviews are represented here, and in our opinion this is a strong buy. The Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central brews 12 5-ounce cups and has a 24-hour clock that comes complete with a timer so that coffee can be ready at a certain time each morning without having to get up and make it. Brewing can also be paused, and shut-off can be programmed. This coffeemaker also has a brushed metal and black finish, a permanent GoldTone filter, and a three-year warranty.
User Reviewed Pros:
- Users love the carafe and how solid and well-made it is.
- Users love the way the coffee tastes.
- The 1-4 cup selection allows users to choose to make fewer than the standard 12 cups, and the temperature setting on it allows them to set how hot they want it.
- The GoldTone filter can be washed in the dishwasher and replaces the need for paper filters that are a continual cost.
- People who purchased this product love the many features, especially the ability to program it to have their coffee ready for them in the morning when they wake up.
User Reviewed Cons:
- Users are a bit annoyed with the height of this coffeemaker because it can be difficult to fit underneath some cabinets.
- The location of the water reservoir also poses an issue for some. It’s located in the right on the back, so it’s hard to get to and makes it extremely challenging for left-handed people to fill.
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Ratings Overview
The Cuisinart Brew Central is one of the most popular models of coffeemakers from this manufacturer. Owners of this coffeemaker especially appreciate the high quality construction of the carafe and how it prevents spills and has a lid that fits tightly.
Most people who purchase this coffeemaker remark about how hot and great-tasting the coffee is. They also like being able to change the temperature of the coffee if they do not want the hottest coffee possible. Users also like the GoldTone filter, which is dishwasher safe and permanent, which means they don’t have to keep buying replacement filters. The fact that it’s programmable is another bonus users like because they enjoy getting up in the morning to a hot cup of coffee.
The majority of users who reviewed this coffeemaker gave it at least four stars, although there were a handful of people who gave it one or two stars.
Most of the complaints that were listed were not repeated, so they seemed to be rather isolated complaints that indicate perhaps they received a defective product that would have been covered under the three-year warranty.
Most people agree with this list of benefits:
- Hot, great-tasting coffee
- Solidly constructed carafe
- Permanent filter replaces paper filters
- Programmable feature turns it on and off on a schedule
Many owners who had this coffeemaker for a very long time report that they went out and bought the same model years later when it was time for a new one. The Cuisinart coffeemaker received 2,367 reviews across four different sites, and it’s ranked 4 starts or above on all of these sites. With that many reviews, it can’t be denied that a lot of people like this coffeemaker.