The Precision Pet Outback Log Cabin Large Dog House is a wood dog house that comes in three sizes (though we are covering the large size here). The largest version fits dogs up to 95 pounds.
The Precision Pet Outback Log Cabin Large Dog House has an off-center doorway to provide shelter from the elements and a little more room inside to turn around. It is constructed of fir with a cedar finish and is raised off the ground by plastic feet. The assembly is a simple, three step process.
User Reviewed Pros:
- The appearance of the dog house is very attractive.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- The dog house is raised off the ground to keep your pet dry.
- Most owners felt that the dog house was well constructed and weather resistant.
- The price is reasonable. Purchasers felt that it would cost as much to build a dog house themselves as it does to purchase this easy to assemble dog house.
User Reviewed Cons:
- Some users felt that the roof needed reinforcement.
- Some owners stated that their dog did not like the dog house or chewed it up.
- Some users felt that the dog house was not adequately weather resistant without added insulation.
- Some users felt that the dog house was not large enough to comfortably fit their pet.
Precision Pet Large Outback Log Cabin Dog House Reviews Overview
The Precision Pet Outback Log Cabin Dog House is an attractive, popular, and reasonably priced dog house. It comes in sizes small, medium, and large, accommodating pets up to 95 pounds. Owners particularly appreciate the attractive appearance and easy assembly of this dog house.
People who purchased this dog house were often drawn by its appearance. They prefer the log cabin look rather than a cheap looking plastic house.
Most owners were very pleased with the construction of this dog house. A few people have complained that the roof or floor need reinforcement, but the large majority of reviewers were pleased with its durability. A few reviewers also complained that the dog house is not sufficiently weather resistant. The majority of owners were pleased with the weather resistance of the dog house; however, many of those people had made additions to the dog house in the form of adding carpeting or blankets to the floor or treating the exterior with waterproofing. Although it is raised off the ground by plastic feet, some owners attached the dog house to a pallet for further removal from the wet ground.
Almost everyone who reviewed this dog house agreed with this list of benefits:
- They loved the ease of assembly. It is a very simple, three step assembly process that can be completed in just a few minutes.
- It is lightweight enough to move around easily.
- Most of them felt that it was very attractive, well-constructed, and reasonably priced.
A few owners complained that the dog house was too small. It does come in three sizes, and the largest size is intended to accommodate dogs up to 95 pounds. It seems that this problem could be rectified by ordering the appropriate size for your pet and not pushing the limits of the manufacturer’s recommended weight.
A few purchasers complained that their dog just didn’t like the dog house or chewed it up. It is built of fir wood with a cedar finish, so it can be chewed. It might not be the best choice for a puppy with a chewing problem.
Some reviewers stated that this finished product cost less than what it would cost them to build a similar dog house themselves. Some reviewers were so happy with the product that they bought additional houses for more pets or purchased the same model again years later. With a little added insulation, this is a quality home for your dog.