The Suncast DH350 Large Dog House is an inexpensive resin dog house. It fits dogs up to 100 pounds. The dog house is made of gray plastic with faux windows on the sides, vinyl doors, and a blue plastic roof.
There is a gutter around the bottom of the inside of the dog house to catch water and keep your doggie dry. It features snap-together assembly.
The Suncast DH350 Large Dog House also comes with stick-on letters so you can personalize the dog house with your pet’s name. It does not come with a warranty.
User Reviewed Pros:
- The dog house is very reasonably priced.
- It is made of durable, low maintenance resin.
- It looks cute.
- It assembles by snapping together. No tools are necessary.
- It is much roomier inside than it appears.
User Reviewed Cons:
- It is lightweight and must be staked or tied down so it doesn’t blow away in a storm.
- It can be difficult to snap the components together properly; if it is not snapped together completely, it will come apart.
- It is not insulated.
- The doorway is small.
- The interior gutter catches water but does not drain it anywhere.
Suncast DH350 Dog House Reviews Overview
The Suncast DH350 Dog House is popular at its price point. It meets a customer’s basic needs for a reasonable price without expensive frills. Purchasers of this dog house like its durable resin construction; it withstands wear and tear by pets well. Also, it is a cute addition to your backyard.
Most owners who reviewed this house agree about the following features:
- They liked the roomy interior of this dog house. Although the pictures and exterior caused many shoppers to worry that it would be too small, purchasers state that the interior is surprisingly large. The doorway is low, though.
- Owners say the price is right.
The biggest complaint about this dog house seems to be that it is difficult to snap the pieces together. If it is not snapped together properly, it will fall apart or blow down. Those who were able to assemble it properly felt that it was nice and sturdy once completed.
One issue commonly mentioned by owners is that because it is so lightweight, it can easily blow away in a storm if it is not staked down. Many owners either staked it to the ground or attached it to a pallet in order to both weigh it down and raise it off the ground. Another issue is its lack of insulation, but many owners felt that it was fine with the addition of a few blankets on the ground or a scrap of carpeting.
There is a small gutter or channel around the bottom of the interior to catch any rainwater, but the channel does not drain anywhere. In order to empty the channel, you have to pick the dog house up and turn it on its side. Owners did not find this to be very convenient, especially in light of the fact that they had to stake it down to the ground in order to keep it from blowing away.
Most owners gave the Suncast DH350 four stars for its durable construction at a reasonable price. It appears to be a good basic choice for pet owners who are looking for a very low cost dog house.